Saturday, May 2, 2009

Unfaithful...

In the still of the night
I heard a voice
Coming from a corner
By a creature
In the form of an angel
I panicked
Buried in my fright
And shaken to my foundations
I thrust my body on the floor
Shaking,
Screaming and weeping
Aware of my filth
Brought to daylight
By the brightness of
This creature
Like a video
I saw a life in replay
All my atrocities
My unrighteousness
My unfaithfulness
All recaptured in scenes
On a mega screen of life
All around me
Were people writhing in pains
Some scorned..Some distraught
All had garbs on
Clothed in sin
There in a distance
I saw him
Unsure, I asked
My head bowed
As he read from that book
Asking me why
He said, “But I gave you all”
Multiple chances..he said again
And then
He looked away
In my mysery
I cried and cried
And then he looked at me again
Compassion in his eyes
He said to me
… “Son, I warned you but you wouldn’t listen”
Then he flung his arms open suddenly
Roared so loud
Fire gushing out of his mouth
And nostrils
Then he looked at me again
And said
“If I were to count the sins of men,who shall stand”
His eyes shone with grief
In my shame, I hid my face, my head bowed
He looked at me one more time
And said
“Son, you are forgiven..go and sin no more”


7 comments:

  1. waow!!! This is soooooo good. I'm surprised i'm the 1st one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LoL..thanks Missey...Guess everyone is nappin..lol..its the weekend you know..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tight man.... We all have been told to 'go and sin no more' Nice..

    ReplyDelete
  4. I could just picture the scene in my head.very descriptive

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow...I love this...very well written..

    ReplyDelete