Sunday, May 10, 2009

Ode to MaMa

To the many mothers out there staying strong on the home front and keeping the homes in times of challenges, difficult times and rough weathers, tendering to the kids and their needs and instilling hope and discipline into their lives...this is for you
Too many times you have gone unappreciated. Sometimes, molested and taken for granted. Still, in the thick of your own problems your still filled with an inner strength understood by very few. Your abiding faith, love and understanding in times of turmoil and tribulation is worthy of mention always.

Everyone comes to your shelter for love. The kids and their fathers all wanting to be love and in the face of your own constraints, drawn from a weakness within, you still have your arms open...Flung open showing some more affection. Never tired of those complaints..Never tired of the kids..Never tired of their dad and the many bickering brought upon day to day.
You get the blame each time something goes wrong with the kids. Their failure is your headache and their success your joy. While the man is out on the turf, your there at home preparing his meal, washing his clothes and preparing the kids for school and impacting on their lives. Your always there to fulfill the earthly desires of the man, making him happy in bed even when sometimes you feel your being raped.

You’re the rock that stands by every family without which there wouldn’t be anything called a home. Your admonition to the kids helps them pull through life at all times. You are always there gidi-gba like an unshakeable rock taking the kids through each step at making them kno God, how to distinguish good from evil, giving them hope for a better future if only they dared to dream.

Mama, I don’t know where I would have been today. I don’t know what my life would have been without you. It is true for my life. I have seen and counter seen why they say mothers are irreplaceable. I have only come thus far in my life ONLY with God’s help and your unshakable faith, strength, believe and resolve in me..I don’t know what I coulda give..but on this day ..I just wanted to let the world know..that no one..no one ever can ever make me feel this way..I’m so grateful for you love.

Mama..I love you…

4 comments:

  1. LMAO @ the msg you have for your commenters!!!!

    *hiss...now I've forgotten what I wanted to say...uhm...yea mama...A woman like her no one can find...nice one brov...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey mama! Arrrggghhh!! I wanna scream so loud for you.. Cos I'm so proud of you!

    Nice post..

    Hope she got to read this too bro?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are very good with words- good job!:)

    http://thecounselorandherthots.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice one there for your momma.
    Keep 'em coming!

    ReplyDelete