Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Beautiful as you are..

Beautifully and wonderfully made
You brought me into this world
With cries from my little eyes
Announcing my birth
You brought me to life...
You knew my name
You could count my hair
I felt unsafe in a new world
But you protected and shielded me
As days drifted into weeks and
Weeks into months
You gave me wisdom
You gave me understanding
You taught me how to speak
I grew up knowing the world
The love,the hate that exists
In it all,you asked me to choose
You gave me judgment
Judgment to make my own choices
As the days drew by
Growing and learning
I learned about you
The awesome God
My folks taught me about you
Gave me hope and a vision
They made me see
That you alone were worth trusting
When life's mysteries abound
I heaped all my burdens on you
Never was disappointed for once
You loved me with an unequaled love
Blessed me and cared so much for me
None like i ever had from my folks
You made me see every new day
Could have been dead
Could have been forgotten
But through the turmoil
You saw me through all
Now in my youth
I look back on my life
With strings and harps
Cymbals and drums
I say thank you Father
For loving me so much

No comments:

Post a Comment