Monday, August 17, 2009

Betrayed..

In all of my thirty something years, I have never really felt so stabbed, so wounded like I really do feel now. Yes, I have heard stories of how people have been betrayed, watched movies of how strong bonds have been broken with absolute recklessness and disregard and read tales of wolves in sheep’s clothing--but that was until now.

I’m in a quandary. I don’t understand why people have always taken my niceties for granted. It hurts to the marrow that I go to all ends to make another happy but each time; all I get is a stab from the very hands of the ones I have spent my whole time and resources on.
I trusted him. Called him my brother from another mother, ate from the same plate and fooled around together. I thought he was there for me genuinely when my heart was broken. I thought all his words and admonitions were real. Alas!

I wore my whole heart on my sleeves for him and could have sworn behind his back that he would never think anything untoward towards me let alone act his script out boldly as he has done.

I told him personal and intimate stuffs about me that I wouldn’t dare share with anyone. I believed in him..but what did he do? He scorned me..He scorned me with his actions. He stabbed me in the back and said vile words against me, nay opened me up for ridicule…

The heart of man is evil, full of treachery and deceit. If only I’d seen through that smile..If only I’d read through every action and when I did and cried foul, no one..I mean no one listened to me. I saw danger lurking in the shadows and raised the red flag but no one heeded my call .. If only I’d seen into the future..if only I’d listened to the words of the Psalmist which admonishes me never to trust any man..if only..

These are times when you wish God will stand up really fast and soon too, to strike your enemies down in fury and vengeance but im constantly reminded of the words of the Holy Bible that says his ways are not our ways.. Now I look back on everything you ever told me and realize without a shadow of doubt that they were all self serving. I should have known..I should have known you were a traitor..I should have known that I needed a long spoon to sup with you but I stupidly let all my guards down never knowing you had your game plan. I have always been a strong believer in the law of Karma and I know it’s certainly coming for you pretty soon so that the world will know you for who you are …

11 comments:

  1. awww this is so so sad, i hate betrayal. It better you know now, yea karma will do her thing..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karma's a bad biatch on wheels.
    But damn, y did he have to do u like dat?
    Damn,,,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sad mehn.....But people are fickle and at least you know someone not to tell intimate stuff to next time.. that's at least one plus...

    ReplyDelete
  4. sad to hear that. we learn from things like this really, so don't beat your self over it. its better you know the true person than being clueless. yep leave it all to Karma !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. sorry to hear that u were hurt by one whom u trusted so much...but bro, people r just that: PEOPLE...@ their very best, they're still only HUMAN and there4 FALLIBLE...

    I pray God heals ur broken heart, and teaches u to love n trust whole-heartedly again...

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry to hear about this. Karma is what it is a bitch! Hope you feel better soon and learn from this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I'm sad to read this; your pain shows in the words. I too have wanted God to ensure that justice is served, in my time, but of course we know what He says about that.

    I am sorry for your pain and I hope it will fade with time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. @All--

    Just want to say a big thank you to this wonderful family..You guys have always been there through the thick and thin and i just wanted to let you know i appreciate yall..

    For the newbies..I appreciate your stoppin by and be sure to see me callin on your page pretty soon..

    Life is all about living and learnin everyday, doin the best to keep a smile on some else's face and hopin that as much as you open your heart genuinely to others,that you wouldnt be stabbed for your good works..
    I have learnt a new lesson the hard way but it still wouldnt change my resolve about trusting but would only guide and guard me as to how i trust..

    Thanks yall--Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hmnnn... I believe in revenge funny enuff, been betrayed by someone you so trust is a sad thing and though I know Karma will do its thing but hey Tryabes... I stongly believe in revenge!

    Hi
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am soooo sorry to hear this. I can imagine how u must be hurting and its understandable that u want God to avenge for u. I know how humans are- thats why i do not trust people. I only share stuff that if they shared with others- i wont be gutted like this.

    We all learn from our mistakes. once again, sorry about what happened. Pls take it easy. Pele

    ReplyDelete
  11. So sorry.
    I can imagine how you feel.
    What can I say?

    Living is learning, the more we live, the more we learn the content of the character of the people around us.
    Good you have decided to let God judge for you.
    Pele.

    ReplyDelete