Thursday, August 20, 2009

The beads gurl..(Part 2)..

Oya now,where my peeps at? ...The sequel to The beads gurl(Part 1) which yawl have been waitin for is right here..sellin fast and im droppin it like it's hawt!!
Sit back, relax and enjoy this pleasure ride…


...Then it all kept coming, like as if I was in a trance…. the several warnings from my mom to be wary of women who wore beads, the several experiences of my friends who had told me about women using such to entangle guys to their whims and caprices, the thunderbolts (magun), and the million and one reasons why it felt so wrong..

I tried pretending that all was well but deep within me it wasn’t until we bade each other goodbye promising to meet pretty soon..

Some few days later, I got a call from her tellin me she was on her way..at an unholy hour?? God help me..come, she did and before you could say oh, right from the door she was all over me from the first kiss…she wore this skimpy thing that even my revered pastor would have forgotten his callin at that hour just to get a pleasure ride at that moment and then, it all happened so fast that no sane man would have refused the urge.

She ripped my clothes apart –everythin and while I was at hers, thinkin that she must have had those beads taken off since I frowned at it the first time, I saw dem beads again and all of a sudden I became numb and paranoid..I just couldn’t understand why she had on those beads and when I raised an objection ,you should have seen the fury in her eyes when she yelled at me callin me all sort of ugly and unprintable names and still I did not touch her until, only God knows where came these words, “never in my life has any man turned me down when I want him”..Guess what? that was the breakin point as hot sweat broke out from every outlet in my body. I was scared stiff and was silently cursin the day I met this gurl as well as prayin to God to quickly let me out of this hole I had dug for myself.

Ever since that first time, she kept coming and I kept turning her bounty down becos up until now, she’s yet to give me a solid reason why she wears those beads and why she has refused to take it off despite all my entreaties to her. Funny enuff, these aren’t the kind of beads you’d tell me is in vogue or whatever ladies make up with all their modernity and fashion consciousness.

My worry now is, she has used all known tricks in the book to get me but has failed thus far by gettin a resounding no. I fear for the day when who knows, she might get the other side of me to fall prey to her antics. To run sef don become wahala because that could portend some unseen trouble so I have resolved to stay like an akinkanju (warrior) and handle it all with some diplomacy abi is it not said that he who runs away, lives to fight another day…

I don’t know if it’s just me or perhaps the conventional way I have been brought up that makes me think that any gurl with some KIND of beads, not a single tiny line but several rounds of beads has something attached to it and this has nothing to do with stereotypes and all that ish.. To even add insult to injury, those beads were purchased in naija and all my offer of buyin a new one at an African store has been rebuffed so far. Pray, what can I do? I need your opinion on this cuz she keeps callin, and comin at odd times when I need the comfort of my bed after a hard day’s work….No,I don’t hate beads but let it be the one I buy for you and we would work out fine..LOL

Your comments and sincerity will be appreciated

16 comments:

  1. I can kinda understand her insistence on keeping it on. I mean why should she take it off JUST cos YOU don't like it or cos she wants sex? In her head she's wondering why she can't have both.

    I don't think you should ask her to take em off tho'. Just tell her you are not comfy with them and you can't sex her with em on. Taking 'em off should be HER decision...

    Ah well she needs to keep it moving to the next bead loving guy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well well well...
    She has a right to her beads and if u feel uncomfortable abt her wearing it, tell her. If she doesn't give u a reasonable explanation (one that makes sense to you) and u can't have sex with them on, then she cld take it off for those *clears throat* few minutes and put them back on later. If not, well... it wasnt meant to be!
    To be warned is to be forearmed.
    If u have a bad feeling abt this, back out, coz some things u cant take back! Period.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHA!!! fear catch my guy...lol! any way, your mama don warn you and the girls above have said it all...

    if it doesn't make sense, don't do it...simple!

    Be safe!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really is there anything attached to those beads? I hear they are charmed but who knows

    ReplyDelete
  5. i used to wear beads..ah, those were the days, my friends and i, way back in school..infact, it was in vogue at some point in my school..nearly everyone wore it. maybe some had their sinister motives but for us, it was cool and besides, it used to help me check weight(i'l feel it getting tighter etc)

    i remember now that it wasn't until i went to NLS in Abuja that some Yoruba friends said things abt juju and used to frequent preggy n stuff..
    infact i stil had mine on wen i met hubs,(thankfully, he wasnt paranoid)and indeed, it was one of those nights that the thing broke ***hmmm, yeah, that**
    ok but seriously, he later got me another one from Wuse Market which i wore until my tommy started expanding cos of pregnancy.
    So i guess i wouldn't understand ur paranoia but then it all depends on where u r coming from.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LWKMD.... You dey fear? She probably has her reasons (not necessary sinister) I know a chic back in schl that wore one for protection and said that it's a family thing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. tell her to take it off that u dont like them?

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is ridiculous. Beads are a very important part of our CULTURE and our TRADITIONS.

    I wear waist beads and I can't stand people (especially men) that claim waist beads are juju or devilish or whatever.

    You're being PARANOID. If you're Nigerian, waist beads are a HUGE part of YOUR culture.

    People that claim waist beads are suspicious are over-religious, over-colonized, over-zealous, and very ignorant of their own traditions.

    Rant Over.

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Sugabelly--I totally expect all the bashin and dissin..lol..and i still expect it to perhaps get more uglier and nastier as they come.. I appreciate your straight talk but guess it lost one wheel on the way...LOL...Perhaps you can take a cue from Sumptuous' comment.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ha!!! crzly, I dont think dere's nytin wrong wiv beads xcept d fact dt dey r out of fashion 4 me... I used to wear dem in high skwl nd dint av ny sinister plan 4 my teachers...
    buh if u dont feel gud about it den follow ur guts....
    nice blog tho...

    ReplyDelete
  11. people and their beads. Is there really any big deal..

    ReplyDelete
  12. haah,lol.the girl must be from calabar cos they wear beads a lot,anyway my gee,no fear God dey your side

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOL.. beads mehn... Had a beaded girl experience meself...Had to bail sharpish too mehn.. Only this one was as pernicious as leukaemia gone beserk...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ha! Finally found your blog...and I likey Raheem DeVaughn too.
    But aniwoos, isn't it Ileke idi (sp?), those waist beads that supposedly give women shape? I don't see anything wrong with it but if you aren't comfy with it then such is life.

    ReplyDelete
  15. As much as there might be nothing wrong with wearing the beads, her persistence and relentlessness are making me somewhat suspicious. Seeing that you havent exactly encouraged her, why hasnt she given up? Hmm..

    ReplyDelete
  16. @ All..Lemme say im indeed humbled by all of these comments.I sincerely appreciate all of your time and sincerity and always want you to know that you guys rock!



    One love peeps!

    ReplyDelete