Thursday, April 16, 2009

Voices

To thee Eledumare
God of creation
And founder of the Universe
I subdue

At the nick of time
Walkin across several roads
Crossin along several paths
Searchin and waitin
Like a hunter seekin its prey
You found me a woman

A virgin woman
Of honor and of elegance
Of beauty and of gait
To wipe off those tears
Formed from time past

They cursed
But I imagined
They hissed and hooted
Still in my hurt
I smiled
Still he watched and
He laughed…

In my impatience
I ran from pillar to post
Takin up all stench
Drinkin from putrefied hearts
Till I was dealt a blow
A very deep cut
With emblazoned scars

Each time
Indifferent, I stood again
But my legs could only carry far
Fall again I did
All the time
Hurtin my marrow
Until you came along

Then my swagger turned into walkin
And my fears turned into calm
Shocked, I resisted
Fought hard
Or how could this be
Was I in some kind of dream
I asked
Until that sunny day
When I unlocked my eyes
And there you stood
In a distance…smiling …beaming
Telling me to come
Into the warmth of your world…

9 comments:

  1. wonderful poem. he is indeed the light of our world

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2nd.

    interesting, but...... i dont exactly get it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice but my interpretation might be different and literal but the might be a deeper metaphorical meaning

    ReplyDelete
  4. @BSNC- Yea he is indeed the beauty we all look forward to ..in him..we find completeness..

    @Tigeress- I kinda figured after i wrote this.The beauty of this poem is that it can relate to anythin you really want it to be..just read between the lines..and you might get exactly what i mean ..maybe a different picture though ..

    @Dabizniz- Exactly bro..You can interprete it in whatever ways in as much as it soothes what your injecting it into. Thats the beauty of this poem..Can be interpreted to be about God, about Life, about a woman and about trials...with a light at the end....Just however it relates to you

    Thank Y'all for chekin in........

    ReplyDelete
  5. And there you stood
    In a distance…smiling …beaming
    Telling me to come
    Into the warmth of your world…

    ReplyDelete
  6. Outstanding!!!Very outstanding Olumide. Keep your source of inspiration alive. You cant afford to let it die-what ever inspires you!!! I can do pages of analysis on this piece. Great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love that this piece can be interpreted into anything..

    u've got a wonderful way with words, Mister!

    ReplyDelete