Thursday, April 9, 2009

The Affairs of My Heart

Too many times
I was sold a lie
But I whimpered
And let it go

Too many times
I was stabbed
Got hurt and bled
But I let it go

Too many times
I was taken for granted
But looked the other way
Still within me, I cried

Now, I’m filled with contempt
At the vainness of humans
I feel so sore
My disgust at equilibrium
How untrue, how unreal
Human beings are…

If your crying
Let me know your crying
But do not put on a face
Making me think your happy

If your mad
Get mad as you can be
But never lie to me
When you come smiling at me

If you love me
Show it with all you got
But never pretend to love me
When you can’t stand my sight
Cuz when you do
You break my heart

The affairs of my heart
Very deep and infinite
But no one sees
All they see are scars
Masked to hide my pain…

7 comments:

  1. 'scars 2 mask d pain'...
    Good 1,deep as well.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. this was well-written as usual, Lumidee!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that was quite touching.... I feel like this sometimes!!! Humans!!!! argh! but I am one myself and I am sure I don't please everyone :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks ladies for your comments.Appreciate your takin your time to check in here...


    Wish Y'all a sweet easter celebrations loaded with love...

    ReplyDelete
  5. "The affairs of my heart
    Very deep and infinite
    But no one sees
    All they see are scars
    Masked to hide my pain…"
    nicely written... the whole piece i must say !!!! those few lines are filled with a whole life story !

    ReplyDelete
  6. So much meaning in between the lines of that poem...
    Very imaginative!
    Happy easter!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This, for want of a better word to describe it, is a beautiful verse.

    ReplyDelete