Sunday, October 4, 2009

For his mercies endureth forever..

What can I render to you Lord for all you have done for me? What can I give for your faithfulness? Inspite of my sins, you have never forsaken me. Inspite of my shortcomings, you have always been there for me every step of the way. I will praise you. I will worship you with my whole heart and my everything because no one and I mean no one can ever be as kind and compassionate as you have been to me. Really I don’t know what to give to this God who is/has always been gracious towards me..

When trouble surrounded me like a wall
And hell had its fury over me
When all my signs went wrong
And tribulations came calling
In ones, in twos
And no help came out of my valley
All I saw was you
Too many nights, I would cry and cry
Too many nights I wondered for a way out
Too many nights I lost the zeal to live
Wake up in the middle of the night
Pray and pray I did but no help came
Lost count of my many sleepless nights
To see a light out of my dark alley
But in it all
You were the hope I saw
Assuredly,
Each time I turned my page
You were there
Through the thick and thin of my trials,
You understood
Leaving me unhurt, unscathed each time
Even when it felt like the end was nigh
I fell too many times
And didn’t know how to rise up
But you held me
Helped me regain strength
Through my weak and fragile nature
I made mistakes I shouldn’t have
Went the wrong path
And was saddled with too many baggages
That I didn’t know how to start again
But you were there
People I trusted stabbed me
Each time I opened up my heart
It hurt and it bled red soaking blood
But you healed me
Time was when I needed help
But all had their back on me
But one
I would have been a mockery
But in my tribulations
You gave me a reason to dance
With the one you let stay..

I really don’t know how you praise this God. Can someone please tell me..This God that is so sweet, so wonderful, so full of swagga that he wouldn’t ask for anything from me nor from you other than praise..If I got a witness in the house, please come here and lets worship Baba God, the adagba maparo oye 1 of heaven..He alone is worthy of all praises…

4 comments:

  1. Wow, this is so uplifting. God is good ooo. Nice write-up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen! We can never praise him enough no matter how much we try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He has done so much for us....undeserving us. we can never thank and praise him enuf. all we can do is serve him the rest of our days...
    thnx :0

    ReplyDelete
  4. is this a psalm. you sound so much like the psalmist. David was a man after God's own heart. you must be!

    ReplyDelete