Thursday, July 30, 2009

It just don’t feel right afterall


Holy God, I hope I’m able to put my thoughts together right now cuz I don’t feel right..I don’t feel good after reading all these sad tales from motherland..it just feels so wrong—so unjust and so unjustified killing people all in the name of whatever..name it..religion or whatever..call it whatever name you deem fit and I don’t care…Why in the name of God is there so much disregard for lives and properties in Nigeria..why is there so much killings, why so much tears and blood..It’s just so disheartening each time you pick up the papers and what you read everyday is sad tales about a country that has refused to get it right despite being blessed with both human and natural resources you can possibly imagine..My heart is just heavy..Hundreds of lives are lying motionless, some charred in Maiduguri as I speak, waiting to be heaped into the grave. Hundreds of innocent lives whose only demand from life was to live each day blessed with basic necessities. Hundreds of lives who waited to see tomorrow, who had dreams and aspirations that have been snuffed out in daylight..and these terror continues..These terror continues everyday as the Nigerian govt continues to take lives in very despicable manner in different parts of the country. Is this the dividends of democracy that was promised? Is this what the masses voted for? These people, the young, the old, women and their children all thrown into turmoil, displaced from their settlements and waiting at the mercy of the same govt to lodge them in camps—what travesty of Justice..It really hurts to think what hell a people have to go through. ..Is this govt thinking at all? Is this how you achieve development ? --and while the land wails, the so called president “do nothing” is out in Brazil ..doin what in God’s name? when her people die and are traumatized? Is this what leadership is all about???.....My heart weeps as I write and only God truly knows that I weep for Nigeria.


1 comment: